4.28.2006

The first time...

Ok...I decided today was the day. After much pressure from Joel and others I am going to finally write an official blog entry. My hesitance to write down my thoughts and ideas comes from the fear that whatever I write will become so permanent. If you just say something and then later someone says to you, "I can't believe you said that." You can always just deny it and say, "I never said that." But when you write it down there will always be proof somewhere out there that you did indeed say that....You know what I mean?
On to another topic...Gilbertson. He would like you to know that he recently got an e-mail account, and that if you should get an e-mail from carrotsrgood, you should open it. He's very excited about it. He wants to start a chain e-mail where everybody sends vegetables to each other, and if everyone does what they are supposed to, they'll end up with a year's supply of veggies.
I know Joel mentioned in an earlier entry that he was worried that this could blog could just become a forum for us to harass each other about wedding details, but I'm more concerned that this blog could get me fired. As I sit here trying to think of something funny or interesting to talk about, I always think of stories about my students. They're hilarious...but maybe this is not the place to share these stories. One story that keeps running through my head is about a student who just decided to blurt out the word "wiener" the other day in class. The student didn't scream or shout it, just matter of factly said the word "wiener" a couple of times. I really kind of wanted to laugh, but instead I had to ask him to leave the room. Sometimes it's tricky being a teacher.

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

weiner

 
At 11:44 AM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

you can laugh now

 
At 12:40 PM, April 28, 2006, Blogger seeger said...

haHA

way to go brooke, on your first post... have fun this weekend...

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home