5.02.2006

el sicko

Well, Brooke & i both enjoyed sick days on opposing sides of the midwest today, kind of... I had no class (if you can imagine that), but cancelled a meeting & she had "liquid food poisoning" & both of us drove home today... I also successfully frittered away most of my time at home, ultimately doing very little work at all... So i'll call it my solidarity sick day in support of the May Day Off protests, because remember... if we lived in a different country, we'd all be immigrants, unless you're currently an immigrant and the different country you lived in in my hypothetical situation happened to be your actual country. Don't forget.

So, i will totter off to bed now, continuing my support on into the night, not having done much of any of the work i need to do, but i do hope that the Mexican girls who work in the Classics Cafe are back tomorrow, because i'm really going to need that mocha latté.

postScript
anyone kno(w) how to say 'spangled' en español?